Leadership Excellence Award (LEAd)
University College of Technology Sarawak (UCTS) is an institution of higher learning that focuses on the development of technical human resources for the Sarawak Corridor of Renewable Energy (SCORE). Situated in Sibu, one of the main gateways into SCORE, UCTS campus is equipped with the latest state-of-art facilities for teaching learning and research activities.
Besides academic excellence, UCTS also emphasizes on the development of soft-skills among students. This is in line with its effort to produce wholesome graduates for the future.
In line with that Leadership Excellence Award (LEAd) is introduced, as a system of awarding point to students for their involvement in non-academic activities. It is introduced to encourage them to play active roles in co-curricular activities, as knowledge and experiences gained from it are crucial for students when they leave the university.
- Serving in the committee as well as being members
- Joining competition in the campus as well as outside
- Organizing event or activity within campus as well as outside
- It gives added value to academic result
- It makes graduate more marketable
- The point are used by industry to assess employability
- The points are used by UCTS to assess opportunity for scholarship
how to get lead point?
1. Joining Club
2. Joining Competition
3. Joining Event